Flagler County is a county located in the state of Florida. As of 2000, the population was 49,832. The U.S. Census Bureau 2005 estimate for the county is 76,410. Its county seat is Bunnell, Florida
Geography - According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the county has a total area of 571 miles, 485 miles of it is land and 86 miles of it is water, much of it in the Atlantic Ocean. The total area is 15.03% water.
Demographics - As of the census of 2000, there were 49,832 people, 21,294 households, and 15,672 families residing in the county. The population density was 103 miles. There were 24,452 housing units at an average density of 50 miles.
There were 21,294 households out of which 21.10% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 62.80% were married couples living together, 8.10% had a female householder with no husband present, and 26.40% were non-families. 21.60% of all households were made up of individuals and 12.00% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.32 and the average family size was 2.67.
In the county the population was spread out with 17.90% under the age of 18, 4.80% from 18 to 24, 20.30% from 25 to 44, 28.30% from 45 to 64, and 28.60% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 50 years. For every 100 females there were 92.10 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 89.90 males.
The median income for a household in the county was $40,214, and the median income for a family was $45,625. Males had a median income of $31,184 versus $24,865 for females. The per capita income for the county was $21,879.
Flagler county was ranked the fastest-growing county in the nation by the US Census Bureau from 2000 to 2005, boasting a 53.3% change, with a July 1, 2005 population estimate at 76,410.
Cities and towns
Government links/Constitutional offices
- Flagler County Board of County Commissioners official website
- Flagler County Supervisor of Elections
- Flagler County Property Appraiser
- Flagler County Sheriff's Office
- Flagler County Tax Collector
- Flagler County Clerk of Courts
- Public Defender, 7th Judicial Circuit of Florida serving Flagler, Putnam, St. Johns, and Volusia counties
- Office of the State Attorney, 7th Judicial Circuit of Florida
- Circuit and County Court for the 7th Judicial Circuit of Florida